How does it work?
Through our Featured Health Article Program, womenshealth.gov offers an opportunity for writers to submit an article or personal story to our e-newsletter, Healthy Women Today. The articles cover a variety of health topics, but we normally highlight one of the month's National Health Observances. For example, we might cover breast cancer during September, National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Here are some things to consider:
- The article should be consumer friendly and should address a women's health issue or a general health issue that women may be interested in reading.
- The article should be around 500-1500 words.
- It can be a previously published article.
- You do not have to be a professional writer to contribute to the program.
- We often feature a chapter or the introduction from a publication on women's health.